Useful Tips for Buyers
Whether you are a first time home buyer or looking for a vacation home in tropical Bahamas, purchasing a home is one of the most exciting adventures you may undertake in your lifetime.
At KRA Bahamas we want to make sure you enjoy this process and we would like to share a few tips with you.
Reasons for Buying – Before you begin to look for a home, you should be clear about the reasons you are buying. Good marketing conditions, a life change, a desire to invest, a location change can all affect the path you might take in finding the right property for you.
Create a List – Thinkcarefully about the features you desire in your new home. Separate the absolute must-haves from the things you can live without, and share these lists with your advisor.
Things to think about:
- How much space do you need and why?
- Number or bedrooms and bathrooms?
- What amenities are crucial for you and your family?
- What features are not negotiable in your new property?
- What is more important: location or size?
- Are these important to you: beach, dock, and waterfront?
- Would you be interested in a fixer-upper?
- How important is home value appreciation?
- Neighborhoods you prefer?
Communicate with your Agent – It is essential that you share with your agent your desires, wishes, likes and dislikes about your perfect home. It is just as important to continue to do so throughout the process especially as you start looking at homes or as your circumstance change. The better we know you, the better we can serve you, so allow your agent to address all your priorities and concerns accordingly.
Create a Buyer Profile – This will help the buyer stay informed as to what is on the market and will allow them to see all new listings in their criteria. If you are thinking of purchasing, but not ready yet, this is a perfect first step.
For more detailed information and 8 steps how to purchase a property, please refer to our Buyer’s Guide.